ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management System
ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management System released in October 2016 is the only internationally recognized standard that sets out requirements and for creating implementing maintaining reviewing and improving an effective management system for the Anti-Bribery Management Systems of your organization.
Bribery is the offering or receiving an advantage or any item of value in order to induce the recipient in an improper, illegal or immoral act or behavior. The deterioration rate of this phenomenon is one of the most destructive and challenging issues in the world.
This standard facilitates any type of organizations to prevent, deal and address bribery by adopting an anti-corruption policy, assign responsibilities to trained personnel for corruption management and oversee anti-bribery compliance for the organization and its business associates.
Why is ISO 37001 important for your business?
Almost all countries in the world have developed national laws regulations to prevent bribery and now one of the surest ways to prove compliance by organizations is to implement the ISO 37001 standard as it includes measures and controls that have been extracted from the best practices in the world in the fight against bribery
Transparency and trust are the building blocks of any organizations credibility. Nothing undermines more the effectiveness if institutions and the integrity of businesses than bribery, which is why there’s ISO 37001
ISO 37001 confronts one of the world’s most destructive and challenging issues in the world and demonstrate a committed approach to stamping out corruption
The benefits of ISO 37001
- Transparency of your organizations operations
- Reduction of bribes through mechanism for assessing and confronting bribery and corruption
- Establish a moral business culture against bribery and corruption
- Increase confidence-building
- Maintain fame
- Prevent financial losses
- Increase work efficiency by removing bribes from business relationships
- Establish confidential communication channels for employees regarding complaints and clarifications about corruption and bribery
- It provides in a way a lever to control company’s transactions to ensure reliability
The implementation of this standard in the business relations of organizations will become a common language although many organizations and institutions have their own polices procedures & system to prevent bribery