OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001-Occupational Health & Safety Management System
Reduce the risks related to occupational health and safety, improve your system’s performance and demonstrate compliance towards health & safety requirements
What is OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001?
OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 is the internationally recognized assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems. It enables organizations to manage operational risk and improve their performance. It also provides guidance on how to manage the health and safety aspects of your business activities more effectively by taking into careful consider accident prevention, risk reduction and well-being of your employees.
An organization’s conformance to OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 safeguards employees. Clients and all parties in question, result in as few risks as possible, while third-party certification authenticates that an organization has taken steps to avoid accidents and hazardous situations using a comprehensive and effectively implemented system.
Why is OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001 important for your business?
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls
- Legal and other requirements
- Objectives and OHS programs
- Resources, roles responsibility, accountability and authority
- Competence, training and awareness
- Communication, participation and consultation
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
The benefits of OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001
- Promotion of a safe and healthy working environment
- Reduction of potential accidents and improvement of overall performance of your staff
- Improved compliance with legal and other requirements
- Demonstration of high levels of occupational health and safety when bidding for international contracts or expanding locally to accommodate new business
- Improvement of the reliability of your operations to meet customer requirements and overall performance
Commitment and understanding of your staff to their responsibilities in ensuring workplace safety